Radio Vietnam
November 21, 2017, 05:00:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Added Movies  (Read 6596 times)
Airborne327inf
« on: April 28, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »

Bat 21 was factual and realistic. The best Concert for Vietnam Vets however not a movies was HBO's Welcome Home 1987...Great Concert. Band of Brothers is a hard hitting WW2Movie that flavors all wars. The Band of Brothers was in all of us, in any year and Outfit in Southeat Asia. The Walking Dead was a sore shot on how a Hardship Outfit in the Nam made it through.
I still think the Actual truth to the war itself has not been told and may never be...In a Movie. My brothers and sisters...Those of us who were there, no matter what role you played, we were the Movie...Thru our eyes.
Welcome Home brothers and sisters
We are the Movie
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »

Airborne327inf - 2005-04-28  10:21 PM

Bat 21 was factual and realistic. The best Concert for Vietnam Vets however not a movies was HBO's Welcome Home 1987...Great Concert. Band of Brothers is a hard hitting WW2Movie that flavors all wars. The Band of Brothers was in all of us, in any year and Outfit in Southeat Asia. The Walking Dead was a sore shot on how a Hardship Outfit in the Nam made it through.
I still think the Actual truth to the war itself has not been told and may never be...In a Movie. My brothers and sisters...Those of us who were there, no matter what role you played, we were the Movie...Thru our eyes.
Welcome Home brothers and sisters
We are the Movie

I saw the movie a few times and read the book not too long ago! Smiley  I will probably do a Poll "Favorite Vietnam Move Redux" soon with all the other ones I've seen or maybe create a poll that lists what movies everyone has seen for something different.Grin

tunnelratje
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 08:30:21 AM »

They can't tell the truth if they do everybody wil  turn to the goverment about anything that wil happen in the futer!!
 Rockin'
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

"Purple Hearts".  Kind of a chickie Vietnam war love story with Ken Wahl and Cheryl Ladd.   About a MASH in Vietnam.  Doctors and Nurses.  But I believe there was a nice scene with R. Lee Doing his Marine thing.  Also, "84 Charlie MoPic".   A LRRP movie.  I had high expectations of this one after reading some Lurp books.  Came away disappointed.  No noise discipline for a movie about Lurps.  "Bright and Shining Lie".  The story of John Paul Vann.   The movie was better than the book.  "Go tell the Spartans".  Burt Lancaster.  Based on a book by Daniel Ford, Incident at Muc Wa.  This is a film set during the advisory period in VN.  This is a good one.   Ford's non fiction book, "The Only War We've Got: Early Days in South Vietnam" is a good one too.  Both the film and the books paint the murky picture of what the USA was about to get into.  "Flight of the Intruder".  Danny Glover.  Deals with the frustrations of Navy pilots following illogical rules of engagement.   While the "Killing Fields" is not a VN war movie per se, it does deal with the indochina war situation and gives a pretty damn good idea what it was all about.  - Miss Saigon
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 11:40:39 AM by Huyen » Logged
Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: