Radio Vietnam
November 18, 2017, 02:15:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Only Me  (Read 14776 times)
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

Im Dill The Dog, Im a Dog Called Dill

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:45:58 AM »

Hi All, RR, Huyen, AZ, Nix,  Hope your all well, have to admit that I have not been on at all for over a month now so thought
It was time to log back in and say Hi to all of you,
nothing much changed over on this side of the water,  “all quite on the front”  I am still keeping an eye on whats happening
in the east, not good….anyway as I say I hope that you are all fit and well and looking forward to thanks giving, cant believe
that its come around this quick. Well I am just about to turn up the volume and take in some sounds so I will catch up again
with you all soon

Cheers!
Kindest Regards
Steve

DillTheDog
 M16
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »

Hi All, RR, Huyen, AZ, Nix,  Hope your all well, have to admit that I have not been on at all for over a month now so thought
It was time to log back in and say Hi to all of you,
nothing much changed over on this side of the water,  “all quite on the front”  I am still keeping an eye on whats happening
in the east, not good….anyway as I say I hope that you are all fit and well and looking forward to thanks giving, cant believe
that its come around this quick. Well I am just about to turn up the volume and take in some sounds so I will catch up again
with you all soon

Cheers!
Kindest Regards
Steve

DillTheDog
 M16
We are still here, Steve – but just barely.  If you ever have the opportunity – or are so inclined – check out the Facebook page, where most all the activity is these days.  You will be amazed at the extent of the international listenership.  Happy Thanksgiving!

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »

Good day to you RR, great to here that you are still out there and well, I will take you up on the facebook this weekend.
Hope you had a good Thanks Giving, I had a great afternoon listening in again yesterday, as always.
Stay safe and speak again soon.

All the Best & Kindest Regards 
Steve   

DillTheDog
 M16
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »

I don't do face book  Razz
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »

Hi "Miss Saigon" long time no speak , hope your are well, anything new with you, sorry cant remember what state you are from,
did you get caught in any of the hurricane........
as for face book no sorry its just no me, but I have this month opened an account, but only for a new research team that I have
just joined, and its just a way of all of us seeing whats going on within the group, so not the normal hundred of friends and
families, only people that I have acctualy met up with so far, i was going to set one up for RV over the weekend but never got
around to it, but will do it soon, but anyway I will stay here with you Grin

great to see you are still around, talk soon, all the best Steve

DillTheDog
M16 
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »

Hi "Miss Saigon" long time no speak , hope your are well, anything new with you, sorry cant remember what state you are from,
did you get caught in any of the hurricane........

I am "From" Saigon, but currently am a naturalized Texan   Razz  So there was no hurricane action here.  But tonight we had a thunder storm.  Does that count  LOL
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 01:18:24 AM »

Morning Huyen, yep I remember you said about that , and having got out in the 80's , Texas is good
and yep long way from the hurricanes but I am sure you get your fair share of twisters .......

Good to hear from you again,  must get on as I am at work at the moment, but listening  Jammin' Guitar

stay safe and speak soon
all the best
Steve

Dill The Dog
 M16

AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »

Hey Dill, Huyen and RR, Nix.

Back here also after 9 months of being crazy busy with work, health issues and general nonsense.

Glad to see everyone is doing ok and though I am not on facebook I will look to sign up.
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »

Hey Dill, Huyen and RR, Nix.

Back here also after 9 months of being crazy busy with work, health issues and general nonsense.

Glad to see everyone is doing ok and though I am not on facebook I will look to sign up.

Hi, AZ - good to hear from you!

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 03:57:45 AM »

Hey AZ , I was wondering where you had been, some times its not always polite to ask but I was wondering why you had gone quite,
so good to hear from you again, anything new in your neck of the woods, as I said earlier nothing much new over this side of the water
same old stuff, nearly XMAS 10 days to go, still have not put up our tree yet, promised the wife that I would get one tomorrow, only thing
good about this year is that for the first time in 16 years I am not cooking the xmas dinner, normally I have best part of 15 people
to cook for and every year, its a nightmare, I never relax on the 25th so this year I have told them all that we are not having dinner
round our house, so they are all going to the mother in laws, and we are not having xmas dinner at all, my mother and father are
going to come over around midday and we will just have a table of prepared buffet type food, so am looking forward to my first
cooking free xmas day in 16 years, cant wait  Cheers!

All the best & kind regards
Steve

Dill The Dog
 M16
AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »

Hey AZ , I was wondering where you had been, some times its not always polite to ask but I was wondering why you had gone quite,
so good to hear from you again, anything new in your neck of the woods, as I said earlier nothing much new over this side of the water
same old stuff, nearly XMAS 10 days to go, still have not put up our tree yet, promised the wife that I would get one tomorrow, only thing
good about this year is that for the first time in 16 years I am not cooking the xmas dinner, normally I have best part of 15 people
to cook for and every year, its a nightmare, I never relax on the 25th so this year I have told them all that we are not having dinner
round our house, so they are all going to the mother in laws, and we are not having xmas dinner at all, my mother and father are
going to come over around midday and we will just have a table of prepared buffet type food, so am looking forward to my first
cooking free xmas day in 16 years, cant wait  Cheers!

All the best & kind regards
Steve

Dill The Dog
 M16

Hey Steve, a Merry Xmas to you and your family and hopefully an enjoyable boxing day.
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 03:57:21 AM »

Hi AZ, thank you mate, yes boxing day will be cooking day so will have the traditional roast but I am going to do have Goose
for a change ,  and update update on the Xmas dinner, they all now want to have a Chines take-way, so looks like its
crispy duck & pancakes all round, sounds good to me  I'll Drink To That!

And you can be sure that Radio Vietnam will be on the Radio all day each and every day over xmas,
and LOUD !! especially after we have had a few beers  Grin

anyway take care and stay safe
Kind Regards
Steve

Dill The Dog
 M16
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »

And you can be sure that Radio Vietnam will be on the Radio all day each and every day over xmas,
and LOUD !! especially after we have had a few beers  Grin
Ha-ha!  Sounds like a good, old-fashioned Chinese-American-English Christmas!  Merry Christmas, Steve!

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

What?  No Pho?   Razz
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »

What?  No Pho?   Razz
Had some the other night, "Vietnamese style".  Actually, too spicey for me (I have developed a reaction to spiced up stuff in my old age that would have been a lot more palatable in my younger years).  Did have tendons (decided I like them if cooked right), but no pork blood (owner told me they quit that ingredient a few months back).

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: