Radio Vietnam
September 24, 2017, 04:14:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Alive and Well  (Read 7447 times)
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:12 AM »

Sorry, I had far too many personal things come up the past few months that's taken me away from here and the station.  Hopefully things will settle down with things in my life soon.  I also started a relationship with the most incredible, wonderful (and coutless other words) woman in the world... I know that will be contested by some others that think they have the same, but Hail To The King, Baby! ...  All of that combined has compounded my time spent with the station.

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:24 AM »

Sorry, I had far too many personal things come up the past few months that's taken me away from here and the station.  Hopefully things will settle down with things in my life soon.  I also started a relationship with the most incredible, wonderful (and coutless other words) woman in the world... I know that will be contested by some others that think they have the same, but Hail To The King, Baby! ...  All of that combined has compounded my time spent with the station.

Shocked

RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »

Oh, Nixie, things are just fine here.  Fortunately this station has a Gates Automatic Programmer!

It's been done before!

Razz

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:55 PM »

He could have at least taken down the Christmas greeting while he was here.  Although the religious theme may work for Easter too  LOL

I am glad he seems to be happy though.  Way to go Nix!

AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:16:57 AM »

Good to see your still kicking Nixie, crazy busy here with yet another tax season and teaching classes at the local college. Mei Li getting ready to go back home for a few months as we are purchasing a home in the "motherland", doubt I will ever use it but I suppose I will feel international anyway.  Sweet Fro Baby!

Oh and congrats on finding that special one, not easy to do.
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 02:26:44 AM »

Thanks guys... Things are still going full steam here.  Wish they were on the site.  I want to just rip off the bandage at some point for the front page (and change this theme) but don't want to break everything like the logins, which are tied into the main page even if I keep the forums the same and update the theme.  I believe RR knows what the FB stream looks like and I'd like to do something similar here and link to here instead to drive traffic but I don't want to break the forum, so it makes things hard.

As for hard, still dealing with Chaos and issues.  Probably down to the final weeks of trying something to get things moving along.  It's been up and down, he stopped eating, for the most part, and I was ready to take him in but he started eating (every meal) the past week but still having issues with ascites and the last time I took him in, they drained 4.5 LITERS of liquid from around his stomach and it came back the next day (last week) but on the other hand he started eating again, so I'm a mess right now with that situation.  Since it's an inflammatory disease, it causes all kinds of problems with a bum knee that he has.  I'd like to wake up one day and he'll be normal but it's been so up and down that it drives me insane.  The relationship has helped immensely with that and not dealing with it alone.

Looking to probably try and sell my home this year as well and rent for a while until I figure out where my personal life and career is leading me (in terms of location), which both look great at the moment.  So I'm trying to do repairs and see what I can do in this market. Luckily, I shouldn't be in too bad of shape with what I owe.  Need a few agents out to give me some guidance.

Since I'm thinking I'll be on my own for a long weekend next week, I am going to try and focus on here.  I brought up a Geek site this week in a few hours that I'm liking but I can do that in my sleep, it's the databases on here that holds me back from change but I'm going to do some work on the music at least.

Listening hours have been up and we've done well on overall ranking at Live365 but I don't know if they changed something with payouts but they've been horrible the past 6 months and VIP referrals have been down, so I got hit with a $132 bill this month (possibly the highest I've gotten).  With the vet bills (probably around $3500) and trying to get the house ready to sell, it wasn't a nice thing to see.  So I'm going to probably post something about donations, VIP, etc. this month, which I don't really want to do (and haven't) but with all that's going on, that wasn't a fun thing to see.

As for the religious image, I'm perfectly happy posting my belief and it didn't affect listening. I know your comment wasn't bad, I was just saying I'm good with it and I'll probably add another for Easter.  I have a great Easter pic already! lol  One of the other things that's become more dedicated to in my life.  Smiley  I'll add something this week and kill off the old stuff.  If I can get the new front page up, I'll have something fairly regular with videos, etc. so it won't be weeks/months/decades/etc. lol to post something.  It's just a pain to do it now.  When I get that up, I'll add you 3 as admins to post on the front page to pick up any slack.  Right now, I HATE posting something because it's an old version of the software that's not intuitive and I hate using it, let alone having someone else do something.  WordPress will be much easier to manage.

BTW, the Geek page I put up is Web Geekdom!  It's kind of a Tumblr type page of images/videos.

Regardless, checking back in...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:47:44 AM by =[Nix]= » Logged

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »

Looking to probably try and sell my home this year as well and rent for a while until I figure out where my personal life and career is leading me (in terms of location), which both look great at the moment.  So I'm trying to do repairs and see what I can do in this market. Luckily, I shouldn't be in too bad of shape with what I owe. 

Are you sure you want to try to sell in the current market?  It is a buyer's market right now in most places.  If possible I think you should wait and only sell once you know for sure you will be moving.  The economy is slowing starting to improve.  Slow, but moving in that direction. The government is in gridlock, which is actually good for the economy, so it is likely to continue to improve unless the European bond market crashes.  The Germans will do everything they can to prevent that, so the odds are that the economy will continue to improve and perhaps even be a little inflationary.  So I think that unless the federal reserve signals an interest rate increase, you might want to wait as long as you can to put it on the market. 

Agents will always tell you to sell now and have some logical excuse for this, because they want their commission.  Especially in a slow market.  It is an economic myth that agents will hold out for the best price because they make more.  The marginal increase in commission is more than offset by the cost of delay. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:17:50 AM by Huyen » Logged
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »

Looking to probably try and sell my home this year as well and rent for a while until I figure out where my personal life and career is leading me (in terms of location), which both look great at the moment.  So I'm trying to do repairs and see what I can do in this market. Luckily, I shouldn't be in too bad of shape with what I owe.  Need a few agents out to give me some guidance.
Huyen has made some good points on this one, John, and I would second them.  I will only add that big decisions (like selling a house) are best not made in times of high stress.  I am glad you have a lady friend to help you put some of that in perspective.

Listening hours have been up and we've done well on overall ranking at Live365 but I don't know if they changed something with payouts but they've been horrible the past 6 months and VIP referrals have been down, so I got hit with a $132 bill this month (possibly the highest I've gotten).  With the vet bills (probably around $3500) and trying to get the house ready to sell, it wasn't a nice thing to see.  So I'm going to probably post something about donations, VIP, etc. this month, which I don't really want to do (and haven't) but with all that's going on, that wasn't a fun thing to see.
Hmm . . . I have actually contributed to that, I think, by using RVN as “white noise” at night to help me with sleep problems  Rockin' (yes, I have found it an alternative to Ambien!  Shocked ).  – There’s something about the mix these days that makes even the overnight shuffle soothing!  I’ll also chip in a little bit to help with the cash flow.

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »

Well I need to talk to some agents and see what they think.  My area sells fairly well since it's a suburb school system and city taxes.  The condo is good and bad since it's free standing, the higher priced in the area and like a house w/lower fees compared to lesser valued condos.  But we'll see what they say, it doesn't hurt to toss it out there to some agents but I won't take a bath and keep it if I have to for a brighter day.  Hoping things pick up this summer as I try to get things updated/fixed.  We'll see what happens.  I have some other comments regarding the economy and current things but I'd have to delete my own post out of posting violations. lol

As for the station, like I said, we're almost 8 years old now (seems like yesterday that we hit 5?) and I've never looked at that but I think they've changed things and particularly with professional stations getting a bigger share and giving us a few bits and pieces.  I am very proud that as a niche station we remain so high on the Live365 charts.  I'm always adjusting sub-genres (keeping the main Classic Rock) to find other listeners.  It's just been a bit rougher the past few years but this remains a top priority of mine.

As for the woman, she's awesome.  Taking a long weekend out of town this week with her and her daughter to get away from things and hopefully restore some focus after a long 5-6 months w/Chaos and his lost battle.

RR already knows, but just posting that my best friend in the world lost his fight.  He was laid to rest on Monday.  Still trying to come to grips with it, I had a strong bond with my boy.  He helped me a great deal.  I'm glad I have someone in my life that has brought me some peace, stood by my side and was there with me.  The impact he made was clear with the tears in the tech's eyes that had dealt so much with him the past 5 or 6 months.  He was an incredible friend, he was so much more to me and everyone he met.  I intend on seeing him running full speed at me some day again.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:51:29 AM by =[Nix]= » Logged

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: