Radio Vietnam
November 22, 2017, 04:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Poll
Question: 128 kbps vs 64 Kbps Audio
I'm Fine with 64 Kbps
Move up to 128 kbps

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 128 kbps vs 64 Kbps Audio  (Read 5738 times)
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2011, 01:06:05 AM »

As I'm working on a new playlist and updating some songs (remastered tracks that I've bought like the complete Beatles), I'm wondering who is interested in increasing the bitrate of the songs to 128 over 64.  Most of the RFVN tracks won't benefit from it since they're already 64 or even upgraded from 32 but just wondering if we want a higher bitrate for the tracks.  I'm wondering if that will do more for the station, it will drop some of the lower rated tracks based on space provided but if it works out with more listeners, we can upgrade to the next plan.  Posting this publicly for feedback outside of the RV team. Smiley  I think there may be a stigma regarding 64 Kbps with regards to music particularly those not using the enhanced MP3Pro player.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:09:00 AM by =[Nix]= » Logged

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:16:36 PM »

As I'm working on a new playlist and updating some songs (remastered tracks that I've bought like the complete Beatles), I'm wondering who is interested in increasing the bitrate of the songs to 128 over 64. 

=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:35:52 AM »

LOLOL  128 is 2x the bit rate of what we're doing now so it's higher quality but would take away some of the lower rated tracks and I don't know how many looking for this station are looking for higher bitrate or just the theme, is that less Greek? Smiley

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »

LOLOL  128 is 2x the bit rate of what we're doing now so it's higher quality but would take away some of the lower rated tracks and I don't know how many looking for this station are looking for higher bitrate or just the theme, is that less Greek? Smiley

No.

Rest assured, as I don't know what bit rate is, I cannot be looking for a higher one.   Razz
Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: