Radio Vietnam
November 21, 2017, 01:22:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Men of War: Vietnam  (Read 17273 times)
AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 04:37:20 PM »

Hey Nix, I have played the MoW franchise for many a year now and was pleased to see a soon to be released "Vietnam" version trailer....a lot different gameplay from Bad Company, but non the less with the lack of title avalible this one should be a winner.

AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:21 PM »

Gawd I am ignorant on how to imbed videos as they never come out right....here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdaB2L3vFE0&feature=related
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

Im Dill The Dog, Im a Dog Called Dill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »

HI AZ, that looks cool ... am I missing something, cant find any update for Xbox, ONLY PC VERSION, have you seen a due date for release for Xbox

Dill
 M16
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:06:20 PM by Dill The Dog » Logged
AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »

HI AZ, that looks cool ... am I missing something, cant find any update for Xbox, ONLY PC VERSION, have you seen a due date for release for Xbox

Dill
 M16

This will be the 4th release in the franchise and they only do PC, the graphics of course are not as intense as say black ops but when you have 100's of infantry to control at a time I dont think Xbox has enough memory to handle it.
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

Im Dill The Dog, Im a Dog Called Dill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 04:02:48 AM »

Hi AZ, that would be what I was missing then Smiley, shame, not being a pc gamer can you play it with a controler / keyboard

Dill
 M16   
AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »

Hi AZ, that would be what I was missing then Smiley, shame, not being a pc gamer can you play it with a controler / keyboard

Dill
 M16   

keyboard/mouse Dill......too many hot-keys would be almost impossible to use a controller.
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 01:02:45 AM »

Just saw this pop up... I was just reading about the MOW: Vietnam game tonight in PC Gamer.  Not much of an RTS gamer but will probably pick it up for it's relevance. Smiley

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »

What is an RTS game?
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 01:20:30 AM »

What is an RTS game?

Real Time Strategy. Smiley  Typically you have 'troops' and you move them to where you want to take strongholds, defend, attack, secure resources, etc. Warcraft and Starcraft, etc. are RTS games. Smiley Not to be confused with World of Warcraft, which is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game).

AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »

Out in September, I have the other titles in the series and the detail levels (gear, terrain etc) is very realistic....almost too much detail
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »

What is an RTS game?

Real Time Strategy. Smiley  Typically you have 'troops' and you move them to where you want to take strongholds, defend, attack, secure resources, etc. Warcraft and Starcraft, etc. are RTS games. Smiley Not to be confused with World of Warcraft, which is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game).

OK, I think I might be able to enjoy a RTS game, but not the fantasy stuff.  It would have to be something realistic. 

Is Battlefield Vietnam considered RTS?   
AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »

What is an RTS game?

OK, I think I might be able to enjoy a RTS game, but not the fantasy stuff.  It would have to be something realistic. 

Is Battlefield Vietnam considered RTS?   

Extremely Huyen,

The other Battlefield (Assault Squad) games in this series are so realistic they might be too much so. You literally control 100+ men (individually if you want) and can do things like lay mines/pick thru the gear of the deceased to add to equipment/Have a backpack full of different gear that you can customize. Build defensive structure...call in airstrikes and armor....it is all fun if you were controlling 1-2 different individuals...it get's very demanding controlling 100
Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: