Radio Vietnam
November 22, 2017, 05:08:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the end....  (Read 10743 times)
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:37:45 AM »

...my only friend, the end... I'll never look into your eyes again.
Beautiful friend ... This is the end ... My only friend, the end

The blue bus is leaving, all aboard....

Not a happy mood.

Edit:  As in not getting everything I wanted to get done in 2010 and the blue bus has left...   Embarassed
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:45:54 AM by =[Nix]= » Logged

AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »

I grew up as a kid in California listening to the Doors, the variety we have on the station is awesome and much enjoyed.
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »

RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »

You've GOT to get to "those Hollywood hills" some day, H . . . or at least to Garden Grove!  LOL

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

Im Dill The Dog, Im a Dog Called Dill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

Awesome song  Target Acquired!
Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »

Hi All, well its been six month or more since I actually started to listen to some of the Doors tracks, before this I knew the name and
that the lead singer had died very young but that was about it, not anymore .... I finally bought an album , CD for the car
I was driving around all yesterday afternoon with it at full tilt, this after having been inspired by a great documentary I watched
on Friday night "twice", suddenly all the tracks came to life one after the other, ..... I am now hooked  Jammin' Guitar 
I am now on a mission  Marching..., to compile a few cd's with some of the rare or long tracks

Dill The "Doors" Dog
 M16
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:09:29 PM by Dill The Dog » Logged
AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »

Dill,

Jim Morrison was well strange, but they were strange times. All in all he was a talented poet, songwriter and singer, however he did waste his life away. I grew up as a kid listening to the Doors and do so some 35 years later. If you have not seen it I would highly recommend watching the movie starring Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison....very good acting jobs, one of his best; and a fairly accurate movie they say.
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »

Today was the 40th anniversary of his death.  Actually his death was a bit odd and still a 'conspiracy', for some, that he had decided he didn't want to be Jim Morrison any longer.  There was no autopsy since it was considered there was no foul play involved.  There was a lot of odd things revolving around the death, murder, he didn't die, etc.  Even the Eddie and the Cruisers movie was up for consideration as a Jim Morrison alternate but again it's conspiracy much like Elvis and the entire Beatles thing of Paul is dead.  I love reading that stuff, it's always kind of wild to think that Elvis and Jim are still (or were) walking among us and Paul isn't Paul. lol

=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 09:56:53 PM »

Either way, loved the music, almost all of it, even the weird stuff like The End. Smiley

Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »

Hi All, I am going to buy the doors film and do some research, it’s just funny that I have know of them for all these years
but never listened, I do as a teenager remember that a few kids at school used to bang on about them, but they had long
hair and I was cropped and into two tone, skar and punk, ...riders on the storm I have known for year but like I say that was
about it, if I heard a track by accident I would switch of mentally. The drummer John was saying in the documentary that
 I watched, which was really just a basic overview and how they put all the tracks together, allegedly  Jim always told them
to write songs that in a hundred years time people could still listen too, he may have not got it far wrong ...... and to buy
their album on his 40th anniversary..... looks to me like we lost another pop legend, anyway found them now and so will
now enjoy their music for maybe another 40 years,  can’t tell yet if I will every  make it that far to 87, but hey that would be
a sight in the old people home, me bopping around to Back Door Man, I’ll certainly take some of these tunes to my grave.

Dill
 M16
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »

Hi All, I am going to buy the doors film and do some research, it’s just funny that I have know of them for all these years
but never listened, . . . anyway found them now and so will
now enjoy their music for maybe another 40 years,  can’t tell yet if I will every  make it that far to 87, but hey that would be
a sight in the old people home, me bopping around to Back Door Man, I’ll certainly take some of these tunes to my grave.
Hey, Dill, congrats on your latter day discovery of The Doors.  I've always liked them as rather unique and original representatives of their own brand of dark rock and roll.  One of my favorite memories of The Doors was walking into our newly-built Radio Research enlisted man's club in Chu Lai one night.  Everybody there was extremely happy to be able to pop open a beer in our own refuge.  A Door's tape was playing on an old, reel-to-reel Akai (I believe) and booming Break on Through (to the Other Side) through some big Sherwood speakers (if I remember correctly).  It was our statement about being "cool" in the middle of the war!  Cool  Here are some shots of that fine establishment, starting with its original canvas roof! --

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: