Radio Vietnam
November 22, 2017, 04:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio Clips  (Read 9008 times)
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2010, 11:35:16 PM »

Any suggestions for audio clips from movies, that will work well in the format, while I'm working on new things for the beginning of the year? I plan on trying to work stuff in that azPatriot sent me (AFVN radio) as well as adding some tracks that I found (or people suggested in station feedback) that's not on the station.  I'm also looking for any specific quotes from movies that I may not have.  I try to keep them to a minimum except for the late night weekends that I like to ramp them up and cater to that more but I'd like some fresh ones as well.  I do like them worked in to the normal broadcast when I can.  Question  I have some time off this month and plan on doing some movie marathons again to see what I've missed but, if it's not already noticeable, I tend to lose focus at times... and it seems to be worse as I get older. grrr...   Embarassed  Unfortunately I'm the type that has 1000 ideas for just about everything (the station and outside of the station) and jump around a lot.  I hate it, at times, but it's also how the station came into being.  Jammin' Guitar

Also, as that implies, the new playlists will kick off in December or January and I hope the site will as well once we work out the logo.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:44:22 PM by =[Nix]= » Logged

Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

Im Dill The Dog, Im a Dog Called Dill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »

Hi Nix, great site, started to listen to you a month ago, listen in evey day now, so had to become a member, sorry but i was only
born in 65 and in the UK so never saw any action  M16  but am a great fan of you guys and what you did  Cheers!
looking forward to the new play list  Jammin' Guitar Stoner and yes audio clips would be great,

Go Marines!  Go Army!

Takin' It Back!
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:58:02 AM »

Hi Nix, great site, started to listen to you a month ago, listen in evey day now, so had to become a member, sorry but i was only
born in 65 and in the UK so never saw any action  M16  but am a great fan of you guys and what you did  Cheers!
looking forward to the new play list  Jammin' Guitar Stoner and yes audio clips would be great,

Go Marines!  Go Army!

Takin' It Back!

Thanks for listening, bro!  I'm actually a bit younger than you but my earliest memories recall the war and for some reason, even very young I was drawn to books that were for adolescence regarding the war.  I don't recall if it was a teachers influence or just something testosterone driven as a boy.  I'm also sure a good part of it was my 'Red Forman' like father, that served in the army, that taught me at the earliest age that American veterans were heroes.

<--- Too much like my father! lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:08:05 AM by =[Nix]= » Logged

=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:34 AM »

Thanks for listening, bro!  I'm actually a bit younger than you but my earliest memories recall the war and for some reason, even very young I was drawn to books that were for adolescence regarding the war.  I don't recall if it was a teachers influence or just something testosterone driven as a boy.  I'm also sure a good part of it was my 'Red Forman' like father, that served in the army, that taught me at the earliest age that American veterans were heroes.

To add to it, one of my biggest regrets is that I never joined during Desert Strom.  Thankfully my parents were supportive of that path whether I chose to or not, which probably makes it more regretful.  It's nice to grow up having parents that support our military.

Dill The Dog
Command Sgt. Major

Im Dill The Dog, Im a Dog Called Dill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 05:27:44 AM »

Hi Nix, not sure how to word this but that makes me feel better, knowing that you put this together out of respect
for all those that where there , I am sure you know what I mean  Wink

So then in that case how do you feel about pictures, I see that there are not a great deal posted, as the WWW
contains buckets of stills, could I post with a view to asking who, what company, mission etc.
how would you feel about that ?   

laters ........
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:33:19 AM »

Hi Nix, not sure how to word this but that makes me feel better, knowing that you put this together out of respect
for all those that where there , I am sure you know what I mean  Wink

So then in that case how do you feel about pictures, I see that there are not a great deal posted, as the WWW
contains buckets of stills, could I post with a view to asking who, what company, mission etc.
how would you feel about that ?   

laters ........

I'm fine with pics on the site but I'm not sure what you're asking for... Do you mean images from the web regarding troops, gunners? I'm not really too concerned with posting and looking for information regarding them as long as it's about the war.  The site is about the war in general and not just the music.  I only restrict anything spam or political. Smiley

AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »

Go Marines!  Go Army!

Takin' It Back!

Welcome Dill, born in '66 myself but that is ok...we will keep the memory alive and pass it on to a new generation....thanks for posting and again welcome  Cheers!
BoxOfficeButcher
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »

I'm actually the youngest person here. The reason I'm hooked on older music is because my father, who served in the military from 1964 to 1966 but never saw any action, listened to it when I was younger and I ate it up. I still prefer it to this day because of how much more soulful it sounds than today's music, which I can take or leave.

But back to the topic at hand, I recommend checking out DEAD PRESIDENTS if it's sound clips you're looking for. That's my second-favorite Vietnam War-themed movie behind HAMBURGER HILL and tied with FULL METAL JACKET, GOOD MORNING VIETNAM coming in at close third. WE WERE SOLDIERS is also a good one for sound clips and, if you want something more period-appropriate, THE GREEN BERETS is a good place to go. It certainly isn't historically accurate and it doesn't really do the veterans justice but it's still a fun flick and you gotta love John Wayne. But yeah, those are all good movies if your looking for sound clips.
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 10:42:55 PM »

I'm actually the youngest person here. The reason I'm hooked on older music is because my father, who served in the military from 1964 to 1966 but never saw any action, listened to it when I was younger and I ate it up. I still prefer it to this day because of how much more soulful it sounds than today's music, which I can take or leave.

But back to the topic at hand, I recommend checking out DEAD PRESIDENTS if it's sound clips you're looking for. That's my second-favorite Vietnam War-themed movie behind HAMBURGER HILL and tied with FULL METAL JACKET, GOOD MORNING VIETNAM coming in at close third. WE WERE SOLDIERS is also a good one for sound clips and, if you want something more period-appropriate, THE GREEN BERETS is a good place to go. It certainly isn't historically accurate and it doesn't really do the veterans justice but it's still a fun flick and you gotta love John Wayne. But yeah, those are all good movies if your looking for sound clips.

What year BOB? Smiley  I'm not certain but I think we have at least one person who is younger and depending on when you were born, I may also be close.  I made the 70's. lol

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »

I might be the youngest here, but you are not entitled to know my age  Shocked

Top Secret.  Special Ops.  Over the Fence, and that type of stuff.  If I told you I would have to ........... find someone to kill you  Razz
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:52:56 PM by Huyen » Logged
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 11:56:59 PM »

I might be the youngest here, but you are not entitled to know my age  Shocked

Top Secret.  Special Ops.  Over the Fence, and that type of stuff.  If I told you I would have to ........... find someone to kill you  Razz

You're the red herring that I was speaking of BUT I'm not THAT old!  Sweet Fro Baby!

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: