Radio Vietnam
November 21, 2017, 11:35:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hombres, Left Banke and more bubblegum pop + surf rock...and 1960s>1970s.  (Read 4776 times)
BoxOfficeButcher
Corporal

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »

Good morning Vietnam! I was listening to the station and I heard You're Gonna Miss Me by the 13th Floor Elevators from the compilation album Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era, 1965-1968. If I'm not mistaken, Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out) from the short-lived Memphis, Tennessee band the Hombres is on that very same album. Its a classic of Southern rock and it would be PERFECT for this channel. I would also like to hear the baroque pop classic Walk Away Renee by the Left Banke, another favorite band of mine. Pretty Ballerina would be nice too. I was also hoping you could add some bubblegum pop and instrumental surf rock.

There are also a few more songs I'd like to hear:

Johnny Maestro & the Brooklyn Bridge - The Worst That Could Happen
Blues Magoos, Nashville Teens, Spooky Tooth or all three - Tobacco Road
Swingin' Medallions - Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)
We Five - You Were On My Mind

Some blue-eyed soul wouldn't be a bad idea either. If there are some already on the station that I missed, tell me, and I'll listen closer for them. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:04:30 AM by BoxOfficeButcher » Logged
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »

Good morning Vietnam! I was listening to the station and I heard You're Gonna Miss Me by the 13th Floor Elevators from the compilation album Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era, 1965-1968. If I'm not mistaken, Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out) from the short-lived Memphis, Tennessee band the Hombres is on that very same album. Its a classic of Southern rock and it would be PERFECT for this channel. I would also like to hear the baroque pop classic Walk Away Renee by the Left Banke, another favorite band of mine. Pretty Ballerina would be nice too. I was also hoping you could add some bubblegum pop and instrumental surf rock.

There are also a few more songs I'd like to hear:

Johnny Maestro & the Brooklyn Bridge - The Worst That Could Happen
Blues Magoos, Nashville Teens, Spooky Tooth or all three - Tobacco Road
Swingin' Medallions - Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)
We Five - You Were On My Mind

Some blue-eyed soul wouldn't be a bad idea either. If there are some already on the station that I missed, tell me, and I'll listen closer for them. Thank you.

Thanks for the list!  I'll check them out.  The Hombes song sounds like Psychedelic meets Southern Rock... interesting track.  Smiley I have Swingin' Medallions on the station and I'm sure I have the Blues Magoos version of Tobacco Road at the very least.  I don't believe I have We Five but I'll check on that and the others I didn't mention.

Thanks for listening and spread the word!! Smiley

BoxOfficeButcher
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »

I'm surprised you haven't at least been nominated for Editor's Pick. If I'm not mistaken, you're one of the top-rated classic rock channels on Live365. Keep up the great work Nix!
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:47:38 AM »

I'm surprised you haven't at least been nominated for Editor's Pick. If I'm not mistaken, you're one of the top-rated classic rock channels on Live365. Keep up the great work Nix!

Thanks!  I actually was editors picks after only a few months on air but it apparently only lasts for so long and they don't list a "past winners" anywhere.  You can always drop something on their forums in support of the station. Always nice to see the station mentioned on Live 365. Smiley

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: