Radio Vietnam
September 24, 2017, 06:56:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 9334 times)
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:21:20 AM »

Opening this thread up for what you want to hear on both Radio Vietnam and the Christmas station for this year.  I know it's early but I need to have it ready (and if you think it's bad, I'm listening to Christmas music already to get it ready! Smiley).  Post whether you want them on here or the Christmas station or both. Smiley

John / =[Nix]=
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:26:17 AM by =[Nix]= » Logged

RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 02:19:38 PM »

Opening this thread up for what you want to hear on both Radio Vietnam and the Christmas station for this year.  I know it's early but I need to have it ready (and if you think it's bad, I'm listening to Christmas music already to get it ready! Smiley).  Post whether you want them on here or the Christmas station or both. Smiley
Nixie --

In addition to my perennial favorite, A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector, I would suggest you mix it up a little more with some vintage Christmas music from the 1940s.  This is classic stuff that is rarely if ever heard on over-the-air stations.  --and don't worry about recording quality - that's part of what makes it "vintage".  LOL My favorite, Vintage Christmas Cracker (from the UK) is no longer available, but here are a couple of suggested alternatives:

I would put all the Christmas music on the Christmas music station - mixing the two formats would be a little jarring, I think.  --But, here's an idea for RVN:  Put on the Bob Hope show from Long Binh in December 1968 - http://swc2.hccs.cc.tx.us/rmorecook/bobhopeshowdec68.ram

-- RR
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 08:28:53 PM by RadioResearcher » Logged

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:19:44 PM »

I'll see what I can dig up in terms of that stuff.  I had a system crash this weekend so I got some stuff moving but got a bit delayed. Smiley  I may end up putting the stuff from last year in 64 while I'm getting the convert ready... but won't be until Thursday or Friday. Smiley

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »

No Grandma got run over by a reindeer please LOL

=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 09:09:39 PM »

No Grandma got run over by a reindeer please LOL

LOL That's a traditional song anymore!  My nephew, when he was young, use to cry when he heard that song because he didn't want grandma to get runned over. heh

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: