Radio Vietnam
November 22, 2017, 04:53:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live365 Broadcasting Changes  (Read 19640 times)
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:34:56 AM »

Just a thread to discuss the Live365 Broadcasting Changes.

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:35:52 PM »

I am a VIP member so I guess mostly this doesn't impact me much other than the higher rates.  When the time comes for me to renew it will cost more, but I will do it through the station link.
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 03:25:19 AM »

Well I'm holding off on anything right now since none of the 3 sources of helping the station survive are happening.  Advertising, VIP and donations are all at an all time low for the station.  So right now it looks like the lower package (P4) with 40 non-VIP and continuing the 64bps will be where we stay and see how those things improve after that time or we may be looking at dropping down another package to the P3 after that which will drop the number of tracks and listeners even lower.

Mermelstein
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »

Your station is awesome & I'm sorry you're having survival problems.  I ran across it when I was working an incredibly boring office temp job in the summer of '05 & wanted some music in my cube.  I forgot all about it, & about Live365, until I decided to download the player to my home computer today.  To my surprise, after 2 1/2 years the site somehow remembered me & there was your station as a preset!  It's even better than it was before & if I'd remembered about you, I'd have signed up through your link; hopefully I can remember to do so in three months!  BTW, in addition to enjoying your programming very much, especially Adrian Cronauer's reflections, I noticed that the people who post here are much better at spelling & grammar than on any other site I've seen, including the NY Times! The Boys From Liverpool
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:21:18 PM »

I noticed that the people who post here are much better at spelling & grammar than on any other site I've seen, including the NY Times! The Boys From Liverpool
Welcome back, Mermelstein!  On the quality of the postings - we do what we can to remain literate!  LOL

-- Radio Researcher

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »

I noticed that the people who post here are much better at spelling & grammar than on any other site I've seen, including the NY Times! The Boys From Liverpool

New York City Shocked
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »

Luckily Huyen and RR are here keeping the water clean... I visit too many gaming forums that I have to keep straight proper speeling. Razz

Glad to have you here and listening again! Smiley

Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 01:13:38 PM »

Hey Nix,

Where uis the link for VIP sign up so that you get the credit?
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 06:06:30 PM »

Hey Nix,

Where uis the link for VIP sign up so that you get the credit?

Never mind.  I think Java script was disabled. 
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 06:47:31 PM »

I just downloaded the test version of the Live365 app for Android and I am back up listening to Radio Vietnam on my phone.  This is huge because I was so disappointed when I upgraded my phone and found out that I could no longer stream on the phone like I had in the past on my treo phone using Kinoma play. 

They were a little slow, in my opinion, getting an app up for Android at live 365 but they have finally done so and I can once again listen to RVN on the fly.  Color me happy Smiley

This is GREAT!  4Gs of Radio Vietnam anywhere anytime

Rock On!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:52:10 PM by Huyen » Logged
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 09:27:05 PM »

I just downloaded the test version of the Live365 app for Android and I am back up listening to Radio Vietnam on my phone.  This is huge because I was so disappointed when I upgraded my phone and found out that I could no longer stream on the phone like I had in the past on my treo phone using Kinoma play. 

They were a little slow, in my opinion, getting an app up for Android at live 365 but they have finally done so and I can once again listen to RVN on the fly.  Color me happy Smiley

Rock On!
Wow - the generational divide.  I am still desk- or WiFi-bound when it comes to my internet music.  My phone? - it lets me talk to people, send them telegraph messages, and even takes snapshots!  LOL  Perhaps my next phone . . .  Frown  (You have to remember, my first cellular phone was waaaay back in 1993, when I went to work for FleetCall (which became OneComm, which became Nextel, which was ultimately Sprint).  It was a true brick, with a fixed, extended, flexible antenna.  --But it had that nifty push-to-talk feature that allowed us to play GI Joe with a walkie-talkie.)

Anyway, enjoy, H!  As long as there are tunes to listen to, there is a little heaven to be found on this earth.

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 12:02:14 AM »

Wow - the generational divide.

Not really.  I didn't have my first cell phone until 2001 I believe.  Back then they were so expensive and I didn't have the money   Razz

As for the current technology, I am something of a Luddite myself.  I am not really drawn to the latest and the greatest new techie stuff, and I absolutely could scream when I have a techie problems, which happens too often for my comfort.  As for the phone, I don't use but a fraction of what this thing is capable of.  Mostly it is just phone, email, and text for me and the rest of the capabilities just collect dust.  But you have to have the tunes.  So the two most important things the phone does do for me in the technology department are play MP3s and Internet radio.  But even that, only in the last year did I realize I could have my entire CD collection in my phone.  Once I tried it I was hooked so now I do.  This part is still amazing to me.  800 plus songs all on demand for me in my telephone.  I used to laugh at all the people with their Ipods and ear buds in all the time.  Now I get it  Embarassed
AzPatriot
Radio Vietnam MVP
2nd Lieutenant

Power to Prevail

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 01:56:22 PM »

Wow - the generational divide.

Not really.  I didn't have my first cell phone until 2001 I believe.  Back then they were so expensive and I didn't have the money   Razz

As for the current technology, I am something of a Luddite myself.  I am not really drawn to the latest and the greatest new techie stuff, and I absolutely could scream when I have a techie problems, which happens too often for my comfort.  As for the phone, I don't use but a fraction of what this thing is capable of.  Mostly it is just phone, email, and text for me and the rest of the capabilities just collect dust.  But you have to have the tunes.  So the two most important things the phone does do for me in the technology department are play MP3s and Internet radio.  But even that, only in the last year did I realize I could have my entire CD collection in my phone.  Once I tried it I was hooked so now I do.  This part is still amazing to me.  800 plus songs all on demand for me in my telephone.  I used to laugh at all the people with their Ipods and ear buds in all the time.  Now I get it  Embarassed

Next month or so I am getting a new TV (Can't believe I still use a 1995 27in CRT for my TV) anyway when the A/V consultant comes to check things out I am going to have him install a Logitech Revue...that will allow most streaming and internet access from the computer to the TV...I am really hoping I can get 365 to steam so when I am working downstairs I can here my Radio Vietnam.
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 08:07:37 PM »

Rock On!

LOL I swung by for the same thing. I started this past week as well, I hadn't looked in quite a few months and a lot has happened w/the Android app becoming a reality. Smiley  Glad to have it playing on mine as well, listened a few days this past week on my drive home. Smiley

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: