Radio Vietnam
November 22, 2017, 04:56:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: berkeleytrying to run out MARINE CORPS  (Read 12371 times)
shaveddown bigfoot
Vietnam Veteran
Corporal

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:43:42 AM »

Ok now hear this :!:the pinko commie community of berekley californa is trying to run out  my beloved United States Marine Corps out of there little town by taking there parking spaces!!!! can you belive this crap... i would just like to point out to every  protesting, bead wearing,i think my protest sign carring ass is cool fool out there that if it wasnt for the men and women of this great land that have  put on a uniform and laid down there lifes  for these ideals we would all be speaking the KINGs english ,french or perhaps german...the american vets of this  land have paid full price for these freedoms we enjoy every day... and most americans act like spoiled lil kids...  the american vet are seen as war monger and a reason most americans get a 2 THREE DAY WEEKENDS off a year and thats all were good for... this attatude just pisses me off to NO end!!! if i were the GSgt that was manning the recurtment sataion at Berkeley i mite be very tempted to park TWO A1 aberem tanks in those parking places and spin that main gun towards there city hall and let there town council think about that for a while and wonder is that wepon loaded or not... please  folks lets all get on the same page here you can hate the war thats going on BUT NEVER HATE the soldier that fights the war... go to the polls and Vote to make a change... but dont take your rage and frustration out on our  people in uniform ... that is all ..... mike:semperfi:
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:48:19 PM »

Ok now hear this :!:the pinko commie community of berekley californa is trying to run out  my beloved United States Marine Corps out of there little town by taking there parking spaces!!!! can you belive this crap..

Yes, I can believe it Mike.  This kind of thing has happened all over the nation.  Here in Texas the University of Texas is trying to run off the ROTC program.  So far the state hasn't let them.  But in places like Harvard they have been able to run off the ROTC. 

These things are done by people who have never really had their own freedom threatened, (despite their rhetoric) and therefore can afford the luxury of abstract thinking that is beyond the scope of reality.  Unfortunately such people are never likely to understand the need for a credible deterrent until it becomes too late. 

I understand your frustration and often wish that people with such shallow understanding of the price of liberty could be forced to live in a place like Vietnam that doesn't have complete freedom, so they might learn a better and more responsible appreciation of it.  But alas, that will never happen and the diseases of the indulged are destined to spread like a cancer. 

However, some of us do appreciate our Marines!  Semper Fi !
shaveddown bigfoot
Vietnam Veteran
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »

i sorry for this mornings rant i read that artical this morning before the coffee was done and it was like playing with a firecracker with a short fuse... i just dont understand folks that just hand over there personal Rights and freedom for the sake of conveniece or style.... all i can say is thank Huyen for your understanding and unending support... and also thank you for welcomeing me back to the world im just never sure what to say when it happens...usally i give a knowning smile and a thumbs up and a soft oooooh raaa... Semper Fi..mike
RadioResearcher
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »

i sorry for this mornings rant i read that artical this morning before the coffee was done and it was like playing with a firecracker with a short fuse.
No apologies necessary, Mike.  Semper Fi, bro'.

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
shaveddown bigfoot
Vietnam Veteran
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »

hey RR thanks for understanding i tell ya everyone here sure makes it nice to make my voice heard... i dont feel like i got people staring at me like ive got lobsters crawling outta my ears you guys are the best!!!!
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 08:58:26 PM »

This site is all about honoring those who served in Vietnam (particularly but we like all who serve), like you and RR.   No matter what is coming out of their ears LOL

Everyone is welcome to come,  enjoy the music, and participate in the forums,  But this is a tribute site and we like appropriate decorum for this Smiley
shaveddown bigfoot
Vietnam Veteran
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »

heres a link to the article
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 10:55:49 PM »

This article really hit me as strange.  The article places a lot of emphasis on blogging.  I have never read an article in any other newspaper that gave blogging anymore than just a superficial mention, yet here it has emphasis.  Clearly in SF they see bloggers as some form of boogie man.  That truly surprised me. 

Life is different in California.   Stoner  We all know that.  They are not like the rest of us.  Especially in Berkeley.  It is best not to get too worked up over these kinds of things.  We are never going to be able to change how they think out there, even if we tried.  So it is best to just ignore them and not get too worked up over them.  After all, what they want is for us to get worked up over their noise making. 

Unfortunately the Marines must protect everyone's rights.  Even fools. 
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 10:22:38 AM »

i sorry for this mornings rant i read that artical this morning before the coffee was done and it was like playing with a firecracker with a short fuse... i just dont understand folks that just hand over there personal Rights and freedom for the sake of conveniece or style.... all i can say is thank Huyen for your understanding and unending support...

Well, I love my Vietnam vets and it is not difficult for me to see the importance of people like you in defending it.  Those people in Berkely just don't have a clue and never will.

I sent the article to a couple of active duty Marines and they reacted the same as you. LOL

I wouldn't call it a rant. Smiley
RadioResearcher
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »

i sorry for this mornings rant i read that artical this morning before the coffee was done and it was like playing with a firecracker with a short fuse... i just dont understand folks that just hand over there personal Rights and freedom for the sake of conveniece or style.... all i can say is thank Huyen for your understanding and unending support...

Well, I love my Vietnam vets and it is not difficult for me to see the importance of people like you in defending it.  Those people in Berkely just don't have a clue and never will.

I sent the article to a couple of active duty Marines and they reacted the same as you. LOL

I wouldn't call it a rant. Smiley
From the looks of some of those aging protestors - the woman and the grey haired dude - I'd say they're Peter Pan types, still stuck in the 60s protest movement, not having moved on with their lives. Stoner There are no doubt a lot of those in Berkeley, including in the local government, just like there are in Boulder.

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Ken Jensen
Vietnam Veteran
E1 Private

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »

MIKE,

Looked at your profile trying to see when you were in the Nam.  Tried to send this as a Private Message but didn't have any success so I post it here.

I'm Army, was Platoon Leader in Big Red One, 1/28th July 1967 thru Sep 17, 1967 (wounded in left elbow this day)

Recouped in Hospital in Japan and returned to the Nam in Dec 1967.  Was again wounded, Leg and Chest during Tet of '68 (Feb 15th).  This one was a "golden ticket" home.

Disability Retired from Army as a Capt in Apr 1969.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE. 

Hope everything is well with you and yours.

KEN
DO NO HARM
Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: