Radio Vietnam
September 24, 2017, 04:29:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TheVietnamWar.org  (Read 5480 times)
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:22:51 AM »

I've been trying to gather ideas for the site that I hope will launch in the first few months of 2008 (right now it points here).  I've been studying Wikipedia to get an idea of how things are submitted and managed.  I may see if I can grab someone from there to help when I get the Wiki piece up for the site.  This site is going to be a work in progress for the eternity of the site since all (correct) information will be continually added and I want the Wiki piece to be the focus.

I want to expand on a comment in another thread about finding groups/units/brothers from the War and provide information in the Wiki style for that.  I also want to host sites for those same groups/units and even Veterans if they so desire free of charge to upload their information, etc. in whatever format (prefer a blog type of site) to post contact information, event's, etc.  It's a big undertaking and will grow (as I said) one step at a time.  I tend to get moving on ideas (I'm a VERY BIG idea person, good with that, not always so great with implementation) and need others to throttle me or I'll try to take on the world and end up with an ant hill because of too many irons in the fire.  Wow that was a lot of analogies at once? hehe

Anyway, if you have ideas, drop them into this thread.  If it starts moving, I'll start a new item category for the site.

=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 01:35:43 AM »

As for the hosting, it will be whatever.thevietnamwar.org so if you're with the 999 Black Hawks (I know, fictitious for the example), it would be something like 999bh.thevietnamwar.org and you'll have full control over the site.  I need to set up some restrictions on the amount of content so that 100's of mb's are being up loaded as images (I want people to have their space and I have a lenient account myself but if I hit walls I'll not be able to afford it) but you'll have a control panel, etc. to install as you wish.  I'll monitor the bandwidth, etc. to make sure we're not going too crazy. Smiley  If you're interested in something like www.999blackhawks.com, we can talk about that as well...   Sweet Fro Baby!

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: