Radio Vietnam
July 28, 2017, 02:47:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFVN Webpage - Vietnam Radio TV  (Read 28325 times)
rmorecook
« on: October 12, 2007, 09:30:59 AM »

You can visit the AFVN American Forces Vietnam Network
[that is, the US. military radio and tv page for Vietnam War]
at
http://www.geocities.com/afvn

Bob Morecook
AFVN News
1972/1973

former SP5 USA
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:59:02 PM »

at http://www.geocities.com/afvn

Bob Morecook
AFVN News
1972/1973
former SP5 USA
Thanks, Bob!  Of course, AFVN was our inspiration here at RVN and most of us radio geeks are familiar with your site - but this link is valuable for our newer members.  You've got some great stuff there.  . . . Say  Surprise, you are an obvious prospect for our open call for on-air talent to do Radio Vietnam station ID spots!  (oops!  maybe you didn't see that boobytrap!  Shocked).  See our want ad below and send me a personal message if you think you might be interested!  In your case, disregard the part about "no professional experience necessary"  LOL)  In any case, welcome to RVN!

-- Radio Researcher
   Traffic Analyst, 98C20
   Americal Radio Research Company
   Chu Lai, 67-68
   "A different kind of radio"
--------------------------------------------------

WANTED: Vietnam vets to do brief radio station ID spots on the "numbah one" tribute radio station on the internet for music and spoken word from the Vietnam era - Radio Vietnam!  All you need is the ability to record a 10 - 20 second WAV or MP3 file on your computer, giving your name (or alias of your choice), unit that you served with, and a mention of Radio Vietnam (like, “you’re listening to Radio Vietnam”).  You email it to us and we take care of the rest - including editing and musical background!  No professional experience necessary - and, of course, just like the station, this is all voluntary and non-profit. It's easy and fun! Tune in to www.RadioVietnam.net to hear examples currently playing (including myself), register at the station (it's free), and send me (RadioResearcher) a personal message. I will get in touch and we will take it from there!

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »

Hey Bob, 

Welcome to Radio Vietnam and thank you for your service the The United States and the Republic of Vietnam. 

RR is correct.  I have been to your site many times.  Long before I ever discovered this site I had been to your AFVN site.  Back then I thought it would be a great idea if someone would do an AFVN theme in a coffee shop or something and play the music and AFVN clips like the ones you have.  I love the PSAs and go back and listen to them all the time.  At that time I didn't know that there was such thing as internet radio.  I was happy when I found this station as it was similar to what I imiagined.  I hope you approve of the concept, you being the real deal and all. 

Once again, thanks for stopping by and "welcome home"   Smiley

Huyen

at
http://www.geocities.com/afvn

Bob Morecook
AFVN News
1972/1973

former SP5 USA

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up