Radio Vietnam
September 24, 2017, 06:54:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Song Requests  (Read 21163 times)
stoirmeil
Private

Trust anyone under 30?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 04:22:29 PM »

It was one of my repertoire - which also included "Love Theme from Phaedra" by Hank Mancini, and "Walk on the Wild Side" by Elmer Bernstein.  We need them all on this site (NIX - are you listening?). 

-- Radio Researcher

Ah, then you must also remember that Paul Mauriat number "L'Amour est bleu" (Love is Blue)?  1967 or '68. I was so hooked on that thing . . . I was a little music geek in high school, and I made an arrangement of it from the piano score for our dance band in my senior year.
Do you remember the bans on local radio of Buffy St Marie's "Universal Soldier"?  I think it was Donovan's recording of it -- I'm originally from Rhode Island, and the local rock station yanked it after about 2 days' play.  But then, they also yanked "They're coming to take me away . . ." by Napolean XIV. ("Poor taste."  Those were the days. Roll Eyes)  I don't suppose you'd consider that one?  Haven't heard it in years and years.
music man
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »

:gousa:OK, how about some Tommy James and the Shondells.  Maybe it is being played, guess I don't recall right now.   Sing Along
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 07:35:15 PM »

Ah, then you must also remember that Paul Mauriat number "L'Amour est bleu" (Love is Blue)?

Wooooo!   I like this one too Smiley
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:00:22 PM »

Do you remember the bans on local radio of Buffy St Marie's "Universal Soldier"?  I think it was Donovan's recording of it -- I'm originally from Rhode Island, and the local rock station yanked it after about 2 days' play.
I don't remember banning from local stations (maybe because I was in Boulder, CO at the time  Stoner) - but, later, while awaiting training at Ft Devens, Mass, a buddy and I were delighted to discover "Soldier" on the juke box at a little snack bar on post.  The irony was great:  here we were, waiting to be trained as Army Security Agency soldiers - and listening to the very anti-war Donovan song!   LOL

"They're coming to take me away . . ." by Napolean XIV. ("Poor taste."  Those were the days. Roll Eyes)  I don't suppose you'd consider that one?  Haven't heard it in years and years.
Ugh - you lost me there.  A "crazy" novelty song that I found really annoying . . . not to mention "disturbing".  But, oh well, what the heck - one time and one time only, here at Radio Vietnam, where we aim to please  . . .  M16

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 10:20:07 AM »

OK, how about some Tommy James and the Shondells.  Maybe it is being played, guess I don't recall right now.   Sing Along
I know Hanky Panky and and Crimson and Clover are already being played - I believe Mony Mony also.  Keep listenin'  They're in there!  Rockin'

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »

Ah, then you must also remember that Paul Mauriat number "L'Amour est bleu" (Love is Blue)?

Wooooo!   I like this one too Smiley
Ah, I remember it well.  It was popular the year I was in Vietnam.  My wife would mention it in her letters.  Don't know if it will ever make it into the rotation here, but, for S and H . . .

RADIO RESEARCHER

Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
BoxOfficeButcher
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »

''Embryonic Journey'' by Jefferson Airplane

''Wrote a Song for Everyone'' by Creedence Clearwater Revival

''Mr. Spaceman'' by the Byrds

''Frankenstein'' by the Edgar Winter Group

''Pipeline'' by the Chantays

''New York's a Lonely Town (When You're the Only Surfer Boy Around)'' by the Trade Winds

''Little Town Flirt'' by Del Shannon

''Palisades Park'' by Freddy Cannon

Radio Vietnam

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: