Radio Vietnam
November 21, 2017, 11:32:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry  (Read 4550 times)
Doors67-25th Cu Chi
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »

This is my favorite place on the internet and I've heard a lot that I don't even remember (no drugs, even!!). Thank you for your efforts!

One person I don't remember hearing from at all is Harry Nilsson.  I can't think of a much more defining song of the Nam era than
"Everybody's Talkin."  Some of his other hits, Coconut, Without You and Spaceman could merit some airtime and I think they all qualify from
the era.  Thanks for the Joplin "Move Over" early this morning--don't think I ever heard that one and it rocks.
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

John --

Welcome to a perceptive and articulate listener who discovered this fine site.  I assume you are a veteran-?  --25th Inf Div?  I suspect it will even get better when Nix launches the new site . . . soon.  I'm trying to get him to mix in some Date with Chris Noel sound bites! (http://ansel.his.duq.edu/afvn/chris.html)

Meanwhile, bring your P38 in and open up a can of memories - of when Rock actually sounded good!

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
=[Nix]=
DJ
Administrator
Colonel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 02:43:00 AM »

Actually, I finally got Everybody's Talkin' added sometime in March. Smiley  It's bound to work it's way around.Sweet Fro Baby!

Radio Vietnam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: