Radio Vietnam
September 19, 2017, 04:37:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   forum home   Search Arcade Login Register Help  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We were soldiers...  (Read 18464 times)
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 11:11:17 AM »

I really need to get a place for you guys on good discussions, I swear I'm working on it... Forums just don't capture all you talk about.  Easier to read and find on searches in other means! Smiley

Hi Nix,

Yes, these forums are difficult to navigate.  And the feature that is supposed to show me all new posts that I have not read doesn't always work for me.  Don't know why.  I find myself having to look up things by the dates since my last session in order to find things that have been newly posted.  It is a cumbersome process.  And I don't want to miss anything that might be pertinent or require my attention.  Such as Terrance looking for the book.  This is especially troublesome if I have been away for a couple of days and then play catch up, like I did yesterday.  And then there is a barrage of new posts by me, many of which probably get lost in the shuffle when the current list just shows post after post by me. 

I like the idea of forums divided by subject in concept, but in reality it isn't working so well.  As you can see we expatiate widely from the subject in the posts, as ideas ebb and flow.  This isn't really a big problem, but we certainly are not confined by the forum subject. 

I really don't know what to suggest to fix these questions, but there must be a better way to organize things and make them user friendly.  I am trying to encourage discussion, and would hate for the site design to discourage that.  On the other hand, maybe people are getting tired of hearing me talk  LOL
Dustoff
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »

The book was better then the movie since there was no mel gibson in the book  Go Marines!
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »

The book was better then the movie since there was no mel gibson in the book  Go Marines!

OK, come on.  You have to give us more than that.  Obviously you don't like Mel Gibson.  Fair enough, but why don't you give us more information as to why not?  This is a discussion forum.

-Huyen
Huyen
Radio Vietnam MVP
Lieutenant Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 03:54:22 PM »

For Huyen, attached is a picture of someone you know doing the John Wayne thing for the camera - I like to call it "LRRP - Looney Radio Research Person"].

You look like Sgt. Muldoon in the Green Berets  Razz
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »

OK, come on.  You have to give us more than that.  Obviously you don't like Mel Gibson.  Fair enough, but why don't you give us more information as to why not?  This is a discussion forum.

-Huyen
I'm not a big Mel Gibson fan either, but that's only because I'm not a big fan of Hollywood excesses off-screen in general.  I read the book and saw the movie (although it took me a while to do the latter, the book had such a powerful impact on me).  I can't fault Gibson for his acting job in We Were Soldiers...  . . . but that's what these people are all about - acting.  What they portray and what they are are two different things.  You can have all the combinations:  good person and good actor, good person and bad actor, bad person and bad actor, bad person and good actor . . . plus a lot of shadings in between.  You get the idea.  I know.  I are one (occasionally).

[ IMAGE NOT SHOWN - GUESTS CANNOT VIEW ATTACHED IMAGES ]

-- Radio Researcher

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
RadioResearcher
Vietnam Veteran
Lieutenant Colonel

"This is It" -- Alan Watts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 04:55:41 PM »

You look like Sgt. Muldoon in the Green Berets  Razz
Er . . . thank you  Question Why . . . yes!  Aldo Ray - a fine war movie supporting actor!  Of course!

-- RR

RADIO RESEARCHER

SP4, 98C20 (Radio Traffic Analyst)
408th RR Det/Americal RR Co (Prov)
Chu Lai, RVN, 1967-1968
Radio Vietnam

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: